Urban Disaster-Resilience Building Project
Due to climate change and unplanned growth of the city many man-made disasters such as frequent cyclones and water logging happened at that time where most of the community were not aware of such kind of disaster preparedness. With the aim of making them aware and facing such kind of calamity this project started.
Implemented Places: Wards no 3,5, 17 and 18 of Khulna City Corporation
Duration: April 2016-May 2018
- 100 volunteers were mobilized and trained under “Bangladesh Fire Service and Civil Defense’’ (FSCD) to face any kind of future disasters.
- Established CRA (community risk assessment)
- Temporary dustbins were set up (1000 in number)
- Installed DRR (disaster risk reduction) message boards (6) in public places.
- People got aware regarding disaster risk reduction.