Resilience Building, Climate Change Adaptation, and Disaster Risk Reduction Project
This project started in order to educate target landless and marginal farmers on alternate agriculture in the background of climate change.
- Implemented Places: Dacope Upazila of Khulna district and sharankhola Upazila of Bagerhat district.
- Served: 3000 farmers.
- Budget: 19,800,000
- Duration: 2016- Continuing
- Donor: KNH and the back donor was BMZ (German Ministry of Foreign Affair’s)
- People received training on alternate agriculture, saline resistant paddy cultivation, goat farming, crab farming, timber and fruit plants distribution (2000)
- People received 77 water drums on the basis of loan.
- 96 hygiene pit toilets were installed on a revolving loan basis.
- Demonstration on alternate agriculture plots were implemented in 80 places.
- 35 crab farmers received loan of BDT 760,000.