Self-Reliance Building and Disaster Risk Reduction Project
This project started in order to mobilize poor and extremely poor women, children, adolescents to raise their awareness on self-help approach and encourage them to become gradually self-reliant, sensitize them about child rights, safe WASH practices, climate change adaptation, regular savings and income generation activities.
- Implemented Places: 2 unions of Barguna Sadar and 3 unions of Sharankhola Upazila in Bagerhat.
- Served: 5000 families received various services
- Budget: 9,683,877 (2017-2018)
- BDT 2,766,152 mobilized and TK. 6,763,000 disbursed to 741 members as income generating lone.
- Duration: 2017-Continuing
- Donor: KNH
- 301 people participated in 11 link building workshop.
- Different international days observed and 600 people took part in such activities at different places.
- 942 disadvantaged children were mobilized and organized in different groups.
- 146 farmers received saline tolerant paddy seeds.