Microfinance Program Details
DSK has a vision to make Bangladesh a poverty free country through providing financial service to the poor and the poorest. Following this vision, it started its microfinance activity back in 1992. DSK is one of the twentieth MFI in Bangladesh (CDF directory). At present, microfinance activity is being implemented in urban areas such as Dhaka, Khulna and Chittagong cities and the rural areas are Gazipur, Netrokona, Kishoreganj, Narayanganj, Narshingdi, Sunamgonj, Mymensing, Jessore and Munshiganj districts.
|Branches||Families||Borrowers||Members||Operational Area Covers||Staff|
|145||2,32,248||2,78,338||2,47,177||1447 villages under 15 districts||1150 including 684 field officers|
|Loan Outstanding||Savings||Gross Service Charge Generation||Equity after bearing all the costs||Cumulative default|
|BDT 6.57 Billion (as on June 30, 2020)||BDT 2.16 Billion||1.185 Billion||BDT 1.53 billion (As per 2019)||BDT 316,529,094|
The objective of this program is “To improve the social, economic and living standards of the poor people and connect them to the mainstream of the country’s economy”.
DSK has developed need-based microfinance products to meet the demand of most vulnerable poor who require additional support to develop the skill for self-employment in order to come out of abject poverty. The products of DSK Micro Finance are as mentioned below:
- BUNIAD (Microfinance for Extreme Poor; Basic Starting Loan)
- JAGARAN (Microfinance for Marginal Poor in Urban and Rural Areas; Advanced Microenterprise)
- AGRASOR (Financing Micro Enterprises)
- SUFALON (Financing Agriculture Loan)
- SDL/WILL (Sanitation/ WASH Development Loan)
- ENRICH-IGA (Financing Income Generating Activities of ENRICH Enlisted Members)
- SAHOS (Financial Support for The Disaster Victims)